Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tools



Most of the tools that I'm using are shown here. I'm not a "shop" person, so I don't have a lot of tools to play with. I've never worked with sheet metal before either, so I'm learning a lot on the fly. The head will be constructed using sheet metal and pop rivets only, with maybe some exceptions of nuts and bolts here and there, that's to be figured out.

So far I've already sunk a good 4 to 5 hours on getting the "base plate" done. I also call it the "head hole". It's basically a simple "crown" around the head along which most of the other surfaces will be mount onto. Using tin snip is tough, mostly because I don't have a strong arm. Wish I have a scroll saw or something...

The paper draft toke me a good 30 to 35 hours to complete, I suspect the metal version will probably take similar amount of time, if not more...

No comments:

Post a Comment