Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Antenna is done


This is what the Z currently looks like at the 60th hour mark. The antennae were not as difficult to fold as anticipated (I was afraid of bending or curving issue before, but the metal held up much better than expected! The pointy tips are much nicer than I'd hoped for). On the other hand, the diamond shaped center was very problematic. The antennae and the diamond together used up 14 rivets all in the same tiny area, and I had to drill 2 of them back out to undo mistakes. The gap/opening between the two were much wider than I had wanted, but fortunately nothing bad really stood out so I hope they don't get noticed. Hopefully none of the future pieces will get as tricky and difficult as this one (and I don't expect any), I sure hope I'm right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment